Friday, December 25, 2009

Hello All and a Merry Christmas. I am in Germany, so we already had all of our presents last night. My daughter got a new Netbook, so the PC is back in my hands. It was a very quiet christmas, which is nice. Everything is closed here in Germany until Monday, it feels a lot more like a holiday.
The BF seems to have forgotten about me, not even a text for xmas, so I think it's finally time to forget about him. DD and me had such a nice time together, no arguments, noone complaining about things, I am dreading going home.
Ok, time to go and watch the pope delivering his xmas message, no queen's speech for me this year...
Have a nice time and enjoy the holidays

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anne-Marie said...

I LOVE dM's list. It is so funny!

You stopped by my blog and mentioned you were loving alkanet root these days.

What usage rate are you having success with? And, are you infusing your oils or adding the powdered alkanet to the lye water? I've tinkered with it some but can't say that I'm getting the perfect colors you are =))

madpiano said...

Hello Anne-Marie

thanks for stopping by at my blog. I infuse Alkanet in Olive Oil. I use 1 part Alkanet and 2 Parts oil and then put it on a shelf and forget about it for 6 months. I end up getting a deep red solution which turns perfectly purple in CP soap. Last time I replaced 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil in my soap (600g of Oils in total) with the Alkanet Oil and got a perfect lilac. It is a bit of a hassle to use it though, as I need to measure out 2 batches - one for the base colour and 1 for the Alkanet Swirls, otherwise I cannot accuratley discount the olive oil used and and end up with soap-swirls that are soggy due to too much Superfat. In that way, I prefer pigments which can just be added to a separated part of the batch.